Thursday, December 31, 2009

Uphill Battle



Jackie Mittoo - Dream Organ

Any time anyone tries to read my handwriting, they rightfully cower at its atrociousness. 90% of the time when I write, I am writing for myself. Gone are the days of penpals and blue book essays. I wonder if these darn kids these days write sloppier due to the mass availability of keyboards, big and small.

Waking up in the middle of the night to write down what I just experienced clearly will bring on even worse handwriting then normal, and not fleshing out the idea the next morning is the final nail in the coffin.

So here I sit with a few post it notes worth of scribble trying to design a story or two. I start with what I think I wrote first: "rain @ comp. cake w/Sam" That Sam may be a Sarra, not sure. Underneath it says "feeding turn -> cat."

What I remember is that I was taking turns with Sarah feeding a cupcake to a cat. I may sell that to the Dr. Suess estate. I am realizing this isn't as fun as originally planned. I had pictured a montage of dreams that combine into a mega-dream, but these notes have certainly expired.

There is one scribble, however, that I brings back a clear memory where I was in a bubble, maybe a helicopter, flying low over the ocean. I could see all the marine life- mainly the big boys- whales, sharks, and octopuses. There was the thrill of danger right below competing with the safety of my chopper. Oh how I long for the open sea. Okay, yeah this is over.

Enjoy the song that these writings are based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment